On 02/28/2017 my wife brought her 2007 Ford Taurus to Ford of Londonderry for a state inspection.The write up indicated the rear brake liners were worn and should be checked again at the next service.

Not wanting to take any chances she made an appointment to have the rear brakes repaired while on vacation. On 4/24/2017 the vehicle was in for rear brakes. She received a call which from Ford of Londonderry telling her the brakes were bad and there was brake fluid leaking which contaminated the brake lining, total was about $800 since they had to replaced the brake pistons on each rear brake. I (her husband) asked some questions and decided not to proceed, cost was way to high.

I received a call back that they would drop the price $70, again, I said not. The write-up on the work order indicated the vehicle may be unsafe to drive. On 4/28/2017 I brought the vehicle to another shop for an estimate. While on the lift the shop indicated we did not need a brake job and that there was no leak of brake fluid.

The shoes have normal wear but plenty of life left, not suggested at this time. I contacted Ford of Londonderry via internet and received a call from the service manager. He offered a free oil change and tire rotation which I declined. He said that they do not mislead and wanted to see the vehicle, I told him I would try to get there but I would not allow my wife to just stop in, I had to be there and I was going to be with the vehicle at all times also removing the tires and drums.

I could not make it for a while as my wife and I work but would make an effort. I contacted a week later to inform I was having a difficult time getting both my wife's car and myself free at the same time. At this point he accused me of being deceptive. I informed I would be removing the drums and taking pictures of the brakes but again he said I was being deceptive and this conversation was ended.

Beware of this, they took advantage of a woman and I fear they would do the same for the elderly. They misled from the start, brakes were not worn, if anything they could have removed, cleaned, and adjusted for a fee of course but they wanted more.

The phones attached are of the drivers and passengers side rear brakes, the ones "Contaminated" with brake fluid.Copies of the 3 work orders, 2 from Ford of Londonderry and 1 from outside source plus additional pictures of the brakes are available.

Review about: Ford Of Londonderry Car Repair Estimate.

Reason of review: Deceitful Service Practices.

Preferred solution: I do not want anything except to let others know this dealers service department is dishonest.

Had an Experience with Ford Of Londonderry?

Comments